To Register to Vote in New Jersey
You must be
- A United States Citizen
- At least 17 years old, and understand that you may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction
Am I Registered?
Use the Voter Registration Lookup to find out if you are already registered to vote in New Jersey.
- Deadline to register to vote in the New Jersey General Election is October 17 (21 days before election).
- Deadline to apply for a mail-in ballot by mail for New Jersey General Election is October 31 (7 days before election).
- New Jersey General Election is Tuesday, November 7.
Where Do I Vote?
Use the Poll Place Search to find out the exact location of your polling place.